Learn about the different types of hoists and their uses. Explore the catalogue at Meeka Machinery and pick the one that suits your needs best.
- Power Travel Wire Hoist: A heavy-duty electric hoist ideal for rough environments. It is one of the fastest moving hoists. Using an electric motor and dual rails, it can carry up to 20 tons but is not limited to that. Specific power travel wire hoists can be designed for a heavier load-bearing capacity. Not just a flashy moniker, this hoist truly delivers the power and efficiency required in chemical plants, foundries and steel mills.
- Push Pull Trolley Hoist: A hand operated hoist with a trolley attached at the end. The trolley comes equipped with wheels for easier lateral motion. This is a hoist specifically geared towards load shifting rather than cross motion. Usually they have a load bearing capacity of up to 3 tonnes. This type of hoist is perfect for warehouses and storage facilities.
- Flame Proof Hoist: As the name describes, this is a hoist specifically designed for environments where fires are a known hazard. Oil refineries and chemical plants are the major businesses in need of this hoist. In all other aspects it is a regular hoist, electrically operated using a hand-held pendant.
- Double Rail Hoist: While considering the different types of hoists and their uses, this particular variety is designed solely for double girder cranes. It is sometimes also referred to as the crab hoist. It is excellent for heavier loads. Double girder cranes are used for larger spans and need a specialized hoist, which is where the crab crawls.
- Flexible Trolley Hoist: One of the most versatile hoists, providing ample manoeuvrability. It is designed for environments that require a lot of cross movement. It can navigate through twists and turns and easily changes direction as needed. It is perfect for use in huge warehouses and manufacturing plants.
In addition to the different hoists and their uses mentioned above, there are also double rail type hoists for double girder cranes and fixed suspension hoists, which are both variations of the same. When you decide to buy a hoist, make sure to keep in mind the tasks you need it for and the environment you will be using it in, as well as the type of crane you are attaching it to. At Meeka Machinery, all of these hoists and more are available with modular design which enables quick and easy maintenance. The leading manufacturer of material handling equipment, Meeka Machinery is known for its durable, customizable and easily manoeuvrable hoists. Be sure to check out our vast catalogue on our website.